Within the two years because the COVID-19 pandemic started, small and medium companies (SMBs) have been confronted with change, challenges, and alternatives. These shifts have dramatically impacted the SMB office and workforce, the place the facility dynamic has tipped from employers to workers.
SMB Group’s SMB Instructions for the Way forward for Work survey research examines this matter intimately. In November 2021, we surveyed 736 decision-makers and influencers in SMB (1-1,000 workers) and mid-market (1,000-2,500 workers) organizations to know how these companies are reshaping office and workforce practices to satisfy these challenges, and the way know-how elements into their plans.
In our new, free eBook, sponsored by Acumatica, Dell Applied sciences, and Workday, we share key highlights from the research about how key SMB enterprise, know-how, office, staffing, human assets, and collaboration traits are unfolding. A few of these embrace:
- SMB optimism has been rising because the pandemic struck, however is tempered by considerations about macro traits. In April 2020, solely 19% of firms we surveyed indicated that they anticipated revenues to rise within the subsequent 12 months. In November 2021, once we fielded this survey, 61% stated that they have been forecasting revenues will increase. Nonetheless, a majority are very or considerably involved that elements that are largely out of their management–reminiscent of rising inflation, provide chain interruptions, COVID-19 and different points might negatively impression their companies within the coming yr.
- SMBs have a better share of workers working remotely or working in a hybrid scenario than workers working solely at an organization location. The overwhelming majority additionally stated that distant work has had a constructive or impartial impact on retention and productiveness, and roughly 40% stated that they’re planning to extend distant and hybrid work choices within the subsequent yr.
- Two thirds of SMBs stated they plan to rent inner workers within the subsequent twelve months, and virtually half plan to rent exterior contractors. Amongst these with plans to rent, about two thirds additionally stated they have extra job openings than common. Considerably surprisingly, given the present expertise crunch, three-quarters stated that they have been assured that they might meet their hiring targets.
- Over half of SMBs stated that they’ve a method to assist a extra versatile office. Many stated they’ve just lately begun, or plan to supply workers choices for extra versatile hours, higher alternatives for profession development, and new advantages to enhance worker recruitment and retention.
- The hyperlink between know-how investments and enterprise outcomes continues to develop into more and more evident. SMBs that stated they’d accelerated know-how adoption and investments as a result of COVID-19 pandemic have been about 1.6 instances extra prone to anticipate elevated revenues of their subsequent fiscal yr than these that decelerated or made no modifications.
These are only a few of the findings and insights from this research. Click on right here to learn the total eBook.
SMB Group gives know-how distributors with full analysis outcomes, advisory, and content material companies to assist drive profitable methods to have interaction with SMBs. In case you’d wish to be taught extra about these companies, and the way we might help assist your path ahead, please contact Lisa Lincoln, Director of Consumer Companies at [email protected].
© SMB Group 2022
Supply: Laurie McCabe’s Weblog