This yr, I’ve been writing about my visits to SafeHarbor (hyperlink right here), the net website created by Dr. Gary Namie, co-founder of the Office Bullying Institute, to function “a neighborhood devoted to the individuals affected by office bullying and people dedicated to serving to them.” I’ve additionally shared some previous weblog articles that I’ve posted for SafeHarbor members.
Throughout my go to to SafeHarbor this night, it struck me how a mix of data, understanding, and — sure — expertise has introduced us to the place a website like this may exist and maintain. Members can begin discussions, touch upon present threads, and hyperlink articles, thereby contributing to an educative and supportive dynamic that may overcome distance and bodily separation.
After I joined forces with Gary and Ruth Namie within the late Nineties, the web was nonetheless in its infancy, with the primary technology of on-line dialogue boards providing a glimpse of what may come. Whereas I’ve very combined emotions in regards to the omnipresence of digital expertise in our lives, I’m glad that we will harness it for good functions equivalent to this one.
As soon as once more, listed below are extra previous weblog articles that I’ve posted to SafeHarbor:
- Not “Set for Life”: Boomers going through layoffs, discrimination, and bullying at work (2012) (hyperlink right here)
- Are requires resilience and “grit” an oblique type of sufferer shaming & blaming? (2016, rev. 2019 & 2022) (hyperlink right here)
- Typing your office tradition (2009; rev. 2022) (hyperlink right here)
- Music as remedy (2021) (hyperlink right here)
- On the social tasks of writers (2019) (hyperlink right here)
- Myths and realities about working within the non-profit sector (2014) (hyperlink right here)
- Let’s comply with an Eightfold Path to psychologically wholesome workplaces (2019) (hyperlink right here)
- Coping with “gatekeepers” at work: Watch out for Dr. No (2011; rev. 2020) (hyperlink right here)
- “How can I make a residing doing office anti-bullying work?” (2019) (hyperlink right here)
- 5 indicators of the eliminationist intuition in immediately’s workplaces (2015) (hyperlink right here)