Again in 2010, fictional character Leslie Knope (performed by Amy Poehler) of Parks and Recreation launched the world to Galentine’s Day. “A day the place women have a good time women,” Poehler quips as she explains the idea at first of the episode.
Since then, February thirteenth (the day earlier than Valentine’s Day) has develop into broadly often called a possibility for feminine associates — single or not — to get collectively in celebration of each other and share the love.
With that in thoughts, we needed to throw our personal little twist on the day and counsel just a few concepts for ways in which you and your entrepreneurial besties may collect collectively in assist of one another this 12 months!
Plus, with every of our concepts, we’re together with methods to have a good time in-person or over your favourite digital platform to make sure that there’s one thing for you regardless of your desire or circumstances. (If there’s something that we’ve discovered by way of the previous few years, it’s that it all the time pays to be adaptable — and generally even our best-laid plans want a small pivot!)
Okay — let’s dive into our concepts for an entrepreneurial Galentine’s Day:
1. Girl Boss Brunch
- In-Particular person: Host a brunch at your favourite cafe or at dwelling. If celebrating at dwelling, maybe counsel each attendee deliver a brunch dish, beverage, and a favourite badass boss film or e book to do a present alternate. Then, why not stream or watch certainly one of your blockbuster alternatives to spherical out your time collectively? A couple of of our favourite film choices you’ll be able to steal are: Pleasure, The Intern, and naturally Working Lady! Another choice that caught our eye, however we haven’t seen simply but, is known as The E-book Store. In case you want slightly brunch inspo, try our pinboard right here.
- Digital: Discover a cozy spot to hop on-line from as you collect collectively. Deliver your favourite beverage as you meet up with each other for a digital espresso or cocktail hour. In case you go the espresso route, we are able to’t suggest Clevr espresso sufficient — it’s female-owned they usually’ve executed rather a lot to be sure that it’s sourced by way of sustainable efforts. You could possibly even stream a film collectively utilizing Netflix Occasion. Right here’s a step-by-step information on tips on how to arrange the extension. You could possibly additionally counsel doing a digital present alternate by drawing names forward of time and both ship your present or nearly ship your picks to at least one one other by way of electronic mail once you’re collectively (suppose present playing cards, audio credit, and so on.). You may both wait to ship the hyperlinks or open the packages when everyone seems to be collectively.
2. Playful Powerpoint Jamboree
You could have seen just a few TikToks floating round the place associates have been gathering collectively to do informal PowerPoint presentation nights (if this sounds new, test this out). Use this as a possibility to create a presentation that isn’t centered across the nuts and bolts of the biz you’re working, and is only for enjoyable!
- In-Particular person: We suggest choosing a shared house the place you’ll be able to share tons of laughter and inventive reminiscences as you unveil your personal PowerPoint prowess. In case you’re gathering with shut gals who know each other effectively, you possibly can share shows about what you admire in regards to the different girls within the group, the long-term visions and goals you could have to your legacy and life, or sprinkle in some laughs round who would do what in a brand new world order you’re organizing collectively.
- Digital: Not an excessive amount of must be totally different for this selection, however so as to add a collaborative expertise, you possibly can cut up the group into pairs and make the most of breakout rooms to create joint shows that you just share with each other!
3. Pop-Up E-book Membership
Decide a robust e book to decide to studying and host a mini-book membership expertise. We love You Can Heal Your Life, Eat Pray Love, and The Large Leap. To see extra of our favourite biblio-picks, you’ll be able to take a peek right here.
- In-Particular person: This might be a enjoyable time to dine out someplace to debate what your favourite take-aways have been! Every individual may consider one query that they wish to ask the group associated to the fabric at hand, and who is aware of, you could simply wish to create an everyday e book membership meetup for the remainder of the 12 months?!
- Digital: As there’s slightly extra free circulate in digital settings, it could be finest to have one individual create a collection of inquiries to have available to floor the dialog all through the dialogue. Some nice framework questions to contemplate: What was your favourite takeaway? What was your least favourite half? What is going to you be implementing going ahead? What did you find out about your self? Was there a quote that stood out? Right here’s an excellent write-up with just a few extra inquiries to get you going.
4. A Future-Self Occasion
As entrepreneurs, we’re usually dreaming and creating visions to maneuver towards. Why not plan a celebration the place you every get to point out up because the YOU that you just’re working to create within the years to come back?
- In-Particular person: Tailor a wardrobe and/or deliver one thing symbolic that represents who you’re working to develop into. It is likely to be enjoyable to go across the room and inform each other what you suppose their outfit and objects imply or symbolize earlier than everybody shares.
- Digital: Implement the concepts above, however embrace a picture as your background to actually take your imaginative and prescient to a complete new stage. For instance, for those who’re going to be residing within the Italian Hills in a Villa (an actual Tuscan Solar vibe!), discover a picture of what your view will appear to be, or the master suite, or no matter you’re most enthusiastic about.
It doesn’t matter what you determine, keep in mind, it is a likelihood to have enjoyable!
We wish to see the way you select to have a good time — tag us in your footage on IG (@iheartmylife) and ship us just a few snaps to our inbox ([email protected]) so we are able to characteristic you with the opposite gals in our neighborhood!
Talking of our neighborhood, for those who’re not already on our mailing record, we have to repair that! Enroll right here in order that we are able to hold sending you weekly motivation, inspiration, success tales, and extra!
Comfortable Galentine’s Day, Women!
Workforce I Coronary heart My Life